Friday, October 21, 2011

Furry Friday

I just realized that I’m not exactly sure what constitutes fur. Are goats, cows and horses considered furry? It doesn’t sound right to call them hairy either. There is a difference between fur, hair, pelt, skin, wool, but I’m not going to go there. Unless it’s feather’s, I’m calling it fur – as in your new boyfriend is really furry, isn’t he? So here’s the roundup of animals and their jewelry pairings for the week. Enjoy!
goats

goat banglegoat ring
These golden goats date all the way back to the Achaemenid Empire.
horse
I didn’t take this photo of the Navajo horse, LIAMRW did. I love it.
horse cuff
The jewelry of David Webb has always enthralled me and has been a source of inspiration for many years. If you're not familiar with his work, do check it out, his animal jewelry in particular is incredible. How amazing are these horse bracelets?
cowcow2

And cows? Well, bulls especially have been depicted in jewelry throughout history; from the very first metalsmiths through the most contemporary.

 

vintage cowskullbull earringsBW-cow-brooch

A vintage cow skull pendant, A PAIR OF GREEK GOLD BULL HEAD EARRINGS HELLENISTIC PERIOD, CIRCA 2ND CENTURY B.C., and good old Bessie in black and white diamonds.

Peace, love, and rocks,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment