Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Living in the West Village of New York City Is truly Halloween Central. We have the largest parade in the whole world right at our doorsteps. And while having a million plus people descending on the normally quiet(ish) corner of the city can be really disruptive, it is an absolute visual feast and ultimately tons of fun. I just wanted to show you here some of the local shops’ windows that have delighted me for the past couple of weeks. I will definitely miss them when they come down in the next few days!

Screen shot 2011-10-31 at 6.27.55 PMScreen shot 2011-10-31 at 6.27.33 PM6df049077ed14b3fb5aaec46beecf480_7Screen shot 2011-10-31 at 6.28.38 PMScreen shot 2011-10-31 at 6.28.21 PMScreen shot 2011-10-31 at 6.29.28 PM

And just to keep the Halloween spirit going all year long I will certainly wear my birdskull and snake with black diamond earrings frequently!

3133

I hope you had a great time this Halloween! What did you do?

peace

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren, thanks for popping over and saying hello!

    Some of those windows are pretty gruesome! I'm looking forward to seeing the Christmas windows when we're in NYC in a few weeks.

    Kathryn (from byw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun and some eewwww scary looking too! I'm going to miss it as well, but hey if it was year round decor it would be (1) SCARY and (2) not appreciated as much. I especially love when restaurants go out of their way to decorate as well. All in the spirit of FUN! The Village Halloween Parade was GREAT this year too! Lookign fwd to xmas window decor next too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I love NYC, and since I'm not there, I love seeing these pictures. I rented an apartment on Waverly and 6th this summer for a month and had the most wonderful time! Nice framing of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna, Ada and Kathryn,
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Anna - we were neighbors while you were here - I live on Barrow and Greenwich St.s. And yes, now I'm ready for holiday windows too!

    ReplyDelete