Thursday, March 15, 2012

Going for the Brass

Ok, I’m really, really excited! I mean so thrilled I can’t wait for proper photographs to be done. I am uploading a few iPhone pics of a piece that was just finished. I will definitely be keeping one of these for myself. As many of you read in Sarah’s recent post on Chevrons and Stripes, we will be incorporating some new, alternative, reclaimed metals in our Spring/Summer collection, “Sea, Sand, and Sky”.

“Life's just a merry-go-round. Come on up. You might get a brass ring.”

Mae West

 

Often brass is looked down upon as an inferior substitute for gold. And while gold is inarguably an exquisitely beautiful metal, I have come to love the earthy range of hues in our special alloy of raw brass. It is a buttery yellow alloy of zinc and copper, with subtle tones of browns, oranges, and reds. I’m not going to say any more – look for yourself, and tell me what you think!

 

horn  Such an awesome horn, even the deer and moose had to come check it out!

moose horn

And here’s Ezra, always one to horn in on anything exciting, tooting his own horn. Ok, I’ll stop.

ezra horn

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment