Monday, June 25, 2012

Strawberry Fields Forever

We’re entering the last week of June. I’m not going to get all teary-eyed, but I always hate to see it go. I love June – I may love it more than any other month. It is always so full of hope and optimism as the days get longer and warmer and everyone is looking forward to the endless days of summer that lie ahead. Do you remember that elementary school feeling of sheer ecstasy as the last day of school approached? For me it smelled and tasted of strawberries. Every year my mom would let us skip school one June day to go strawberry picking at one of those pick-your-own farms. We’d pick dozens of flats of berries and eat probably just as many as we picked. Nirvana, heaven – call it what you want.

Rubies always remind me of strawberries – that ripe, juicy red that you just want to put in your mouth. I know that they are actually July’s birthstone (you lucky July babies), but for me rubies are connected to strawberries and strawberries, for me, epitomize June!

strawberries

3RubyRingsB

“Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.”  The Beatles

image

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment