Friday, December 2, 2011

We Love Penguins

It’s another Furry or Feathered Friday. Can someone please tell me whether penguins are furry or feathered?

poppers

I think for me it all started here, with Mr. Popper’s Penguins. The first chapter book I remember reading all by myself. Those playful, non flying, supercute birds in their graphic black and white perfection. I was smitten.

real pengs

penguinsweater5

I know you are making a silent “aaaaawwwwwwwwww” right now. How could anyone resist?!The two penguins are wearing sweaters sadly because they are survivors of an oil spill. The sweaters keep them from ingesting the oil off of their bodies and getting poisoned.

peng des

Fortunately in my jewelry design career I’ve had the opportunity to design some of these critters for various clients.

3

Can I tell you how much I love the penguin watch by Chopard on the right? The center piece is a cloisonne enamel piece I made a long time ago.

pave pengs

This amazing Emperor Penguin is by Tiffany, and the one on the right is vintage.

peng

Happy penguin day to you!

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment