Saturday, February 11, 2012

Another Day, Another Beach

I’ve never been to the gulf coast of Florida before, but here I am in Sarasota for a five day advanced 3-D software class. Rhino is an amazing modeling program that I am starting to use to make some of our jewelry, it is absolutely amazing, but mind-bendingly hard. I’m starting to get comfortable with it, though. If you have any interest in learning this program, I highly recommend this class by Lauren Pipkorn – master designer and Rhino instructor. I’m not sure what I was expecting- maybe a lot of canes and walkers and oil spilled beaches. I was definitely surprised to find a very arts-centered town with beaches that have the whitest, most powdery sand I’ve ever seen. Not that I’m getting to relax, the class is from 9 – 6 every day. My brain is exploding with new info and ideas for Aroc Urtu. I am truly hoping to get to the world renowned Ringling Museum of Art on my last day. I’ll keep you posted!

beach

grapgrapefruit

I’ve been gorging myself on grapefruits and tangerines picked right off the tree. So delicious!!!

chair

The sand is so soft and powdery!

house

I don’t know who’s house this is right on the beach, but I wish it were mine…

 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment