Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Neon Alert

It’s pretty gray and dreary here in NYC. I actually really love winter when it involves lots of deep snowfalls, but this bone chilling dampness and cloudy skies is a bit of a drag. If it’s not going to snow, then let it be Spring! I know, all in good time. There’s nothing I can do to make it arrive any faster, but there is a trend that has me really happy and excited. NEON! It’s everywhere! Not in an overwhelming and tacky way either. Sneaky burst of oversaturated color is springing up everywhere for Spring!

NYC

Check out these neon sightings in my neighborhood:

neighborhood

Okay, so my toes aren’t exactly a neighborhood shot, but I did get my pedicure right around the corner.

maison21

I fell in love with these ceramic cuties out at Maison 24 in Bridgehampton this summer. Can you look at them and not smile? Really? Then as a most insightful and very appreciated gift, Sarah and her family gave me one for my b-day! Then I just had to run out and get a neon blue french manicure (the most appropriate thing to do).

sockerbit

One of my favorite close to home shops is Sockerbit (okay, maybe my very favorite). Step through the door and you enter a Candyland fantasy, only done with a very clean, beautifully edited, Scandinavian aesthetic. Today I went in to get my fix some candy and discovered the most lovely and amazing candy dish (or holder of other sorts of treasures) that comes with an assortment of neon bands. Do you love it, or what?! It’s made by the Danish design company Kahler.

nature

We tend to think of these colors as unnatural, chemically created aberrations, but not so! These colors really do exist in the natural world. Above are just a very few examples; undersea life  and  Aroc Urtu gems!

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment