Monday, May 14, 2012

Art Fair Redux

Last weekend NYC was the epicenter of the art world with major fairs happening all around the city. Frieze, Pulse, NADA were just brimming with works that I loved (and of course a lot that were completely “meh” or even “wtf?!?!”). I wanted to share a few that hit me in the heart in some way. If I don’t have the name of the artist please forgive me – my record keeping got terribly tangled!

photo4

So here you go – my art fair picks!

photo(7)

Murakami happiness!

photo(17)

amazing up-purposing of a tire

photo(8)

Daphne Wright

photo(13)

embroidered curtain

photo(24)

Hung Liu

photo(19)

Laura Ball

both sculptures above by Beth Cavener Stitcher

photo2

Ran Huang

photo1

Linda Cordell

photo(4)photo5

creepy but appealing clowns

photo3

William Cordova

image

I was super fortunate to be invited to the Shepard Fairey opening event at Pace Prints (yes that’s Alicia Keys with us – such a sweet woman).

Oh look – the little elephant made a sculpture friend!

P L R

No comments:

Post a Comment