Monday, June 4, 2012

Here’s To Your Health

Women's Health-March 2012- Aroc Urtu (cov)Women's Health-March 2012- Aroc Urtu

WomensHealth

WH June

I am so thrilled that the editors at Women’s Health magazine really love Aroc Urtu and completely understand the aesthetic and philosophy of the brand. And I truly do love the magazine – endless encouragement and ideas to live healthier lives through diet, exercise and even attitude. As my dad (who is a doctor) always said, “if you have your health, you have everything”. Fortunately I have been blessed with good health and really never thought too much about it – until my husband, Ed, became sick with a mystery illness that just went on and on.

Have you ever had a really terrible health scare? Well, that’s what I’ve been up to recently. No, I won’t bore you with all the details and medical stuff, and we are very, very fortunate to be on the other side of it now, but the past couple of months have been an emotional roller coaster – not in a fun way. Ed somehow got a rare bacterial infection in his heart. So while I was busy with doctors and spending days and days in the hospital, Aroc Urtu was definitely on the back burner. Somehow, though, going through this has given me even more clarity and passion for what I do. 

There is nothing like being slammed in the face with mortality to get you to refocus on what is truly important. Each day really is a gift, and each moment is an opportunity to learn, grow, and enjoy the world around us.

“Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth.”

And if you feel like it, dye your hair pink.

pinkhair

peace

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, you are awesome and your beautiful jewelry is too! So great to see your designs in Women's Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Coming from you and your lovely, amazing, talented self it means the world to me!

      Delete