Thursday, August 23, 2012

Aroc Urtu at Ikram

Honestly, I can’t believe I just typed that (up there – Aroc Urtu at Ikram – wow! I just typed it again). Needless to say I am thoroughly and completely o-v-e-r-t-h-e-m-o-o-n.

image

image

I’ve had a wish list of stores that I’d love for Aroc Urtu to be in since the very beginning (two years ago this month). Ikram has always been way up there at the top. As a designer one spends a lot of time alone working (and working and working and working) on “the vision”. There are no guarantees that it will work, no cheering sections (ok, a few loyal supporters like you), no steady paycheck, and most pointedly, that “vision”, that piece of your soul that you put out there into the world in one creative way or another, may not be well-received, may be completely overlooked, etc. One may push their creative boulder up a very steep hill just to have it roll back down over them again and again. So why do we do it? Hell if I know. I think for many of us the need to create is exactly the same as the need to breathe. Without it we suffocate and die. And the joy of having someone connect with the work, love it enough to bring it into their lives is intoxicating. Ikram Goldman is a fashion legend and visionary. I am  delighted and honored that she has chosen to include Aroc Urtu in her store’s collections. 

peace

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! You reluctant entrepreneur you!

    I'm right there with you!
    And so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete