Thursday, December 29, 2011

Home (Made) for the Holidays

Wow, so once again we’ve all made it through the holidays! No, no, I speak too soon! New Year’s is still a couple days away and the gatherings with friends and family continue. So, how is it going? What, so far, will be kept as a treasure in your memory basket? I have had a slew of meals and celebrations with people I love, and so many pictures to process and share. So to start here’s a quick round up of some things that I have loved this past week.

in progress

I’m completely mad for my new Nina Z boots – they are the perfect blend of stylish and comfortable. They have quickly become my go-to walking shoes, and I walk a lot. Hand made in Sweden by fifth generation clog makers – fifth generation mind you. And my sister is a knitting genius. The pouf! Oh, the pouf, I am head-over-heels for it. The cowl is my new security blanket or American Express card, in that I “don’t leave home without it”! My friend Gaby made a most excellent pastry (yes, from scratch) from her native Uruguay. I am now planning a trip there just so I can eat more of this. And pictured at the bottom, the musical Once currently at the New York Theater Workshop was such a treat. Yep, better than the movie, and I did really like the movie. If you can, GO NOW. It is moving soon to Broadway and will probably lose some of its charm in a larger venue. If I could I’d go back and see it again. Oh, did you notice my tin can menorah? I also have a 1950s aluminum Christmas tree up, but that is not so homemade, is it? Now, what are your New Year’s Eve plans?

peace

2 comments:

  1. I *gave* homemade... made a trio of lapis bracelets for my dad's girlfriend, and three hand-painted frames to her granddaughter (in neon pink, antique silver glitter, and black chalkboard [so she can personalize it however she wants])!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks for commenting! Great gift giving - I think bracelets are always a good choice, too. They can always be layered in with what someone already has. And, picture frames? Never enough! I love those diy ideas!

    ReplyDelete